Bear with me because I just threw things together and didn't measure. So you may need to alter the measurements slightly. Eye it. That's what I did.
This is an awesome recipe! It's very filling. It's not really calorie conscious. I made spaghetti to go with it, but that ended up just being too much.
Pepperoni Stuffed Parmesan Chicken (serves 2)
2 chicken breasts
2 oz light cream cheese
1T chopped green pepper
1/8 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Handful of pepperoni slices chopped
1/3 c Italian bread crumbs
1/3 c Parmesan cheese
1 egg beaten
- Pre-Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Pound chicken out thin enough to roll up.
- Combine cream cheese, chopped pepper, Italian seasoning, mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni in a small bowl.
- Spread cheese mixture on chicken.
- Roll chicken and secure with toothpicks
- Combine parmesan cheese and bread crumbs in a small bowl
- In another bowl beat egg.
- Drag chicken roll through egg and then coat with crumbs/ Parmesan cheese mixture.
- Place chicken on baking pan and bake for 22-25 minutes.