Thursday, November 2, 2017

Velvet

A couple years ago wearing sequins was all the rage. Everyone was wearing sequins and not just for the holidays. Tops, dresses and even pants. Now velvet is the hot trend. I love it for the holidays but I think it works for every day looks as well. I particularly love velvet wrap dresses and am trying to find a good pattern to make one this year. Velvet accessories are a great way to wear the trend and not appear too dressy. Here are some of my current favorites:

Blue velvet wrap top from Express- I want this exactly, but in dress form. I'm trying to create a pattern and find fabric to make it. I'll definitely post if I'm successful.

Pink mock neck Madewell dress- I had this dress in black as a little girl and felt so special wearing it to church on Christmas eve.

Blue velvet ruffle top from Nordstrom

Velvet cami- I have this top from Amazon. Awesome deal for $12! I have a size small for reference. Velvet dress I found on Amazon too.

Gold velvet wrap dress- ASOS. Green velvet ruffle sleeves from Nordstrom

Velvet loafers Madden Girl $24. Velvet wrap skirt from Nordstrom

Velvet bags from Kohls. I love these! I think they look like such nice quality. The blue one looks vintage. Never would have guessed from Kohls.

Velvet sock boot - Velvet slides- DSW

Velvet Jumpsuit - Express // Gold Wrap Dress- ASOS // Wrap dress - Forever 21 // Jumpsuit - Lulus // Green wrap dress- Zara

1 comment:

Hoo Soo said...

Yes I actually wished the curtain lower also, but that's how it came in this design! I am not convinced the picture is actually exactly the exact same as the pattern. Because my cloth had a good deal of elongate inside I left the extra and it didn't drape anywhere close as non in the picture on Burda!
velvet punjabi suits designs