I'll be honest with you, after I initially posted this dress I had no motivation to finish it. I have another project I really want to start and I didn't want to spend the time trying to figure this dress out on my own. Why can't there just be a pattern for it!?! But I did finally finish it, only to find a few mistakes.
What I did wrong:
1. I made it a couple sizes too big because I wanted it to blouse and wasn't sure how it would work if it was fitted with elastic. What do ya know? It's too big! The armholes are ginourmous and the back gapes! Also, it makes my hips look huge. I tried adding a belt and jewelry, but it's just a hot mess I would rather not wear. (hence why it's on the dress form and not me)
2. I didn't measure beforehand where the elastic should go and therefore it's not exactly straight. Oh well!
3. I also put the straps on backwards, which I was able to fix easily.
What I will do next time:
1. Cut out a pattern in my own size
2. Use a pattern for the elastic waistband instead of eye-balling and therefore having an uneven casing.
3. Buy a similar dress at Target. jk. kind of.
What I learned:
1. Patience is a virtue.
2. Cutting a straight line is key.
3. This is really an easy dress. If I can give it another try I think I'll be ok! Also, I think I can probably fix this dress with some motivation and a few seams ripped and sewn back together.
On to the next project!