My new favorite thing to make is zoodles! A friend of mine posted on Facebook last week about them and I promptly ordered the Zoodle Slicer from Amazon and we have now had zoodles 3 times in the last week.
I love this little tool! It works like a pencil sharpener and is easy to store versus some of the larger vegetable spiral slicers.
I searched recipes and found this one for Zuccini Pad Thai Noodles. I made the sauce according to this recipe and basically just made a stir fry with the noodles. Here is my recipe.
Spicy Stir Fry Zoodles
2-3 chicken breasts or a package of chicken tenders
1 red bell pepper (cut into thin slices)
1 cup shredded carrots
3 green onions
chopped cilantro to taste
2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar (or regular vinegar)
2 Tbsp fish sauce
3 Tbsp ketchup
1 tsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp sweet chili sauce
1. Prepare sauce by combining ingredients and whisking together.
2. Cut raw chicken into small pieces. Sprinkle ginger and cayenne pepper over chicken for flavor. Pour a small amount of sauce onto chicken and let marinate a few minutes.
3. Use spiral tool to make zucchini noodles and set aside.
4. Slice and cut red bell pepper and green onions
5. Using a small amount of olive oil cook chicken until done. Remove from pan and set aside.
5. Add zoodles, pepper, carrots and green onion to pan. Sauté with sauce.
6. Once vegetables are almost cooked add chicken back in to the pan with cilantro. Toss together and serve.