Monday, January 27, 2014

DIY No Sew Pom Pom Curtains

Several months ago I spotted these cute curtains from Serena and Lily! After I saw the price I started looking for tassel fringe to make my own. Somewhere I lost interest along the way, but one of my good friends mentioned that she was making her own and I asked her to send me the pictures. How great do these look?

Inspiration: Serena and Lily Tassel Window Panels
 
 
 
 
DIY
No Sew Pom-Pom Curtains


Supplies: Basic curtains (these are from Ikea) Hemming tape, Fabric glue, and pom pom fringe trim. Supplies can be found a Joann fabrics or other local craft stores.




 
You may need to hang your curtains to measure the hem. (If they need hemmed at all) Once you have your measurement. Lay out your curtains on the floor. Now is a good time to iron or steam the wrinkles out. Hem curtains using no sew hemming tape and iron. Follow instructions on the tape package.
 
 
Using the side seams as a guide draw a line of fabric glue to begin pasting down the pom-pom trim. Trim the edges with scissors and apply glue to keep the edges from fraying. The glue will dry clear.  
 
 


Allow trim to dry.


Finished curtains!!!

Aren't they adorable?? I just love them! I would love to make my own in a bright color!
 
Curtains: $28.00 (2 panels)
Glue: $12.00 (2 tubes)
Pom-Pom Trim : $40.00
Hemming Tape : $8.00
Total Cost: $88.00
 
 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good day I am so grateful I found your web site, I really found you
by error, while I was searching on Yahoo for something else, Anyways I am here
now and would just like to say cheers for a incredible post and a all round enjoyable blog (I also love
the theme/design), I don't have time to read it all at the minute but I have saved it and also added
your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a great deal more, Please do
keep up the great work.

Take a look at my blog post :: lindsay lohan ()