Friday, January 24, 2014

Polar Vortex

There's no use complaining about the winter and cold because we have several more weeks left of this and there's not much we can do about it. But, seriously this is the worst winter. It's only January and we've had SO much snow and negative temps here in Indianapolis.
 
In an effort to beat the winter blues that have hit me this week I decided to dress up for Friday.
 
 
FYI- Yes, I am freezing and totally wish I had pants on today. Oh well! How cute is this skirt? Great for all seasons!

What else have I been doing during the Polar Vortex?
 
Date nights
Wore my leopard fur to date night. So warm! Have you been to Bluebeard yet? It's our favorite restaurant in Indy and we almost always go there on special dates, or really just every other weekend. Try it out! Great drinks and ever changing menu.
 
Playing with Pancho
I wish I could say he knows tricks besides sit and scream at other dogs, but that's what he's best at, besides being cute.
 
 Eating healthy
Dan and I both are trying to eat better. So I've been preparing lunches for us to take to work. I have also made some really good dinners that I will share soon.
 
 Spring shopping
 I don't really like doing this, but I bought a few spring items already. I can't wait to not wear boots and only have to wear a jacket! I have been eyeing this J.Crew jacket for awhile and finally bought it. Seriously, Gap has the most comfortable shoes! Who knew? Fell in love with these Gap loafers (they have yellow in store) It's hard to tell in the picture, but this Steve Madden bag is the most punchy sherbert(ish) color and I can't wait for spring to use it! I found mine at Nordstrom Rack. But, they have several fun colors here.
 
Trying new beauty products.
I got these for Christmas and I really love them!! Such great colors and stays on forever!! You can get them at Sephora.
 
Vacation Planning
We're thinking about taking a trip this spring to celebrate our birthdays. San Fran?!?!
 
You know what I've not been doing? Sewing. I have a million ideas, but lacking the motivation after work. Hopefully that will change soon and I'll share what I'm working on.
 
What are you doing to entertain  yourself this winter? Online shopping? Planning spring break trips?

1 comment:

luxurygirl said...

Your outfit is adorable!! I love this look with the polka dot skirt and those pretty boots. I found the same on this site Originalluxury