Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Ribbon Wands






I saw this idea online somewhere a few months before our wedding and thought it looked like a fun DIY project. I originally wanted to just use bells in lieu of rice or bubbles. The bells are cheap and this was one area I wasn't really concerned about. Once I showed Dan though he decided he liked this idea much better than anything else.

It's a pretty simple project. Pick up some dow rods ($0.99 for pack of 20) at a crafts store and spools of ribbon in your wedding colors. Since we were making 200+ wands I decided to only use ribbon strands of 12" (2 per wand). If I had a smaller wedding I definitely would have gone with a longer ribbon.

My mom spray painted the wands white and we used a hot glue gun to attach the ribbon. See, Easy!!



No comments: