Monday, May 14, 2012

Jello Cookies

My mother in law asked me to bring cookies for the kids on Mother's day. I saw this recipe on Pinterest earlier in the week and knew they would be perfect. These cookies were delicious! I have to admit they take a little time and if I make them again I might use only one or two jello flavors. The original cookies were not frosted, but I thought since I kids love icing, I should throw some on top and add sprinkles too! 

JELLO Cookies  

Ingredients:
  • 3.5 cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1.5 cups salted butter softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 4 (3 oz) pkg jello (any flavor works)
 Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • Beat butter in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Blend in egg and vanilla. Mix flour and baking powder in a separate bowl. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
  • Divide dough into 4 sections. Sprinkle 2 Tb of jello onto each section. Knead together with dough. 

  • Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in the extra jello from the packets. Place on baking sheets. Flatten with bottom of bowl.


  Bake 8 to 10 min at 350 on lined baking sheets. 



ENJOY! 

Recipe from I Heart Naptime

1 comment:

Danielle Kinnett said...

Oh Ashley these look yummy! Time for me to catch up on your blog...at3am while nursing. Ha!!