Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Matchy Matchy

Earlier this spring I became intrigued with coordinating tops and bottoms. It can feel a little childish and when you Google the trend mostly children's clothing shows up in the search. It reminds me a little bit of the 90's with a Clueless vibe. I also think of matching sets as in vintage swimwear or Betty Draper in a floral print top and shorts. And I like it!
 
Crop tops are super trendy right now and I really like the matching look. I think we will start seeing coordinates or "co-ords" a lot more.  Just yesterday Blair from Atlantic Pacific posted her look and last week Jessica from What I Wore posted an outfit she made.
 

Celebrities are wearing the look too.
Kate Mara in Mulberry.
 
Olivia Palermo in MSGM
 
Kristen Stewart in Osman
 
 
Here are some fun options I found online, mostly UK shops are showing this trend, however I think you can easily find matching separates in the US.
 

Co-ords

 

What do you think? Is this a trend you will follow? Personally I'm not sure about the crop top, but I definitely like the matching look!

1 comment:

Debbie Pinnick said...

Growing up my mom made all of my clothes. We always wore little matching shorts and tops. Cute look, but not crazy about the crop tops. Hope I don't have to fight that again with our middle school students.