Thursday, June 20, 2013

Fish Tacos

I can't believe I have never posted this recipe before. I make fish tacos ALL the time. It's a go-to recipe because we usually have everything on hand.  I searched my blog and can't find a post on it. Maybe I am mistaken, so sorry if this has been posted before. This is an incredibly basic and easy recipe. I don't know exact amounts because I just wing it every time, but here is a general recipe. Just go with it! I promise, you'll love it!



 
Fish Tacos
Serves 2
Ingredients:
2-3 frozen tilapia filets
Cajun seasoning
olive oil
tortillas
cilantro
1 fresh jalapeno sliced or chopped
shredded coleslaw or purple cabbage (or lettuce)
paprika
salt
shredded Mexican blend cheese
lime wedges
 
Directions:
Thaw tilapia according to package if frozen. Sprinkle each side with Cajun seasoning. Pan fry for a few minutes on each side in a pan with olive oil. Cut into small pieces.
 
Combine a cup of coleslaw, chopped cilantro, and chopped jalapenos in a bowl. Sprinkle with paprika and salt.  
 
Fill tortilla with fish, cole slaw mix, cheese, chopped tomatoes, and squeeze a lime on top.
 
Also great with ranch or sriracha sauce.
 
Enjoy!
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My bf LOVES fish tacos, I haven't come across any that I can share the same sentiment. I plan on making this for him for some brownie points. Thanks for the easy recipe. Looking forward to trying fish tacos again :)

Amanda aka Manda said...

I can't wait to try this! Looks amazing!