Friday, August 9, 2013

Mood Fabrics

While we were in New York I made a stop at Mood Fabrics. Mood is a 3 story fabric store located in the Garment District. Mood is where Project Runway contestants choose their fabric. The store is almost overwhelming with more bolts of designer fabric than I have ever seen!
 
 
 Dan and our friend Cory left me to peruse the 3 levels of gorgeous designer fabric and notions
 
 





I really wanted this yellow Marc Jacobs, but didn't end up purchasing. I loved the retro feel of the yellow and gold shimmer.


I really liked the leather and fur section. I looked into buying leather, but felt like I didn't have enough experience to make anything quite yet. I am now doing some research and hope to experiment soon!


 I ended up buying two brocades. The pink is Marc Jacobs and the Blue and Black is Carolina Herrera. I'm not sure what I will make with them. That was the hardest part about shopping at Mood, trying to decide what to buy and what I would make. You have to at least have an idea in order to purchase the amount of yardage. I am thinking about making a mini skirt with the blue fabric for the fall and holidays. I'm not sure what to make with the pink. I'll keep you posted!
 
 

1 comment:

Meg @ Mood Fabrics said...

Thanks for stopping by! We have that gold brocade on our website for sale, in case you change your mind. I turned the pink/orange Marc Jacobs brocade into a little skirt--see it on the Mood Sewciety blog.