Sunday, November 7, 2010

Mom's Tex Mex soup

It should be known that my mom titles (re)titles every recipe as "Mom's" or "Amy's like she created it herself (maybe she did/maybe she didn't).  Ha Ha!  I plan to do the same, as I would like to think (take credit for)  every great recipe that I make. For this soup, we'll give her credit!

Mom's Tex Mex Soup
3 1/2 Cups of water
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped green pepper
1 cup of tomatoes (I use a can of hot Rotel, because we like it spicy)
1 cup of mexi-corn
1 can of black beans (optional)
1/2 cup of parsley
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp chili powder
3/4 tsp cumin powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
bay leaf
2-3 chicken breasts cooked and chopped (much easier to just use a rotisserie chicken)

Throw it all in a big pot and cook until boiling or to a temperature you desire.

Serve with chips, avocado chunks, and shredded cheese.

Enjoy!

No comments: