Thursday, April 7, 2011

Spicy Dr. Pepper Shredded Pork

Do you follow The Pioneer Woman? Well, you definitely should! She has great recipes and witty stories! I made this recipe last week and it was awfully tasty! I changed a few things. Here's Pioneer Woman's recipe and then mine. Only major difference is that I made it in the crock pot.

Spicy Dr. Pepper Shredded Pork
 Ingredients-
- 1 whole large onion
- Pork Butt (shoulder) I used 3-5lbs and that was enough for 3 (2 person) meals. Maybe more.
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 cans (7oz) of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 cans of Dr. Pepper

Directions-
Cut onion down center. Cut in half again. Place quarters of onion in bottom of crock pot. Throw in your butt. Salt and Pepper to taste. Add Chipotle Peppers and Dr. Pepper. Cook on low all day. Open lid and shred with fork. Serve on tortillas or buns.

**Notes- Pioneer woman uses 1 can (11oz) peppers. I couldn't find that so I used 2 cans and it was REALLY spicy. I would recommend just one can unless you can handle the heat, like I can. Pioneer Woman also rotates her pork, so I did that once too but I don't think it's necessary.


No comments: