Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Turkey Sausage and Tri Color Peppers

This is a simple recipe that's healthy and REALLY tasty! I started making this a few months ago and make it every other week! Turkey Sausage is really good and much better for you. I usually use Jennie O Italian Turkey Sausage, Hot Italian or even Bratwurst.



Turkey Sausage and Tri-Color Peppers


Ingredients:
Turkey Sausage links
sliced Onion
sliced yellow bell pepper
sliced red bell pepper
sliced green bell pepper
1/4 cup chicken broth
1 Garlic clove minced
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp oregano

Directions:
Remove casing from sausage links. Cut sausage into small pieces and brown on medium high heat until fully cooked. Add remaining ingredients and saute until liquor is evaporated and vegetables are done.

You can eat this plain or you can have it over pasta or rice. I typically do not use a full onion or full peppers for only 2 people.

2 comments:

Danielle Kinnett said...

I just made this and it was really good! Thanks, Ashley!!

Anna said...

I served it with rice and it was great! Ashley you inspire me to cook! I am still a beginner!