Ok, maybe it's not famous or almost, but my old roommate still talks about me making it for her and that was 5 years ago. And, I like to think it's pretty good! So if you need a new recipe try this one out! I hope you like it!
Ashley's Almost Famous Lasagna
Makes 8x8 pan.
-1 lb spicy italian turkey sausage links
-1 jar Classico Spicy Tomato and Basil pasta sauce
-1 cup of low fat cottage cheese
-3/4 tsp Italian seasoning
-2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. remove casing from turkey sausage, crumble and brown the meat.
3. one meat is brown add sauce. You really only need 3/4 of the jar.
4. in a small bowl mix egg and cottage cheese with a small whisk. Add italian seasoning.
5. spread a little plain pasta sauce on the bottom of your pan so it won't burn
6. begin by layering noodles, cottage cheese, meat sauce and repeat.
7. finish with top layer of shredded cheese, you won't use the whole 2 cups.
8. cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
9. remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes (this is the hard part)