Monday, January 11, 2016

Gingham

I got the latest Nordstrom catalog earlier this week and I noticed the gingham dress on the front. It reminded me of the top I made last summer and also Reese Witherspoon's line, Draper James.
 
 
 
The dress is a standard shirt dress with belt and would be a great sewing project! You can find 1 inch gingham navy fabric at most fabric stores or online. I would recommend using a shirt dress pattern such as McCalls 6696.
 

Here is the top I made last summer that I never ended up posting.





I used McCalls 6751 pattern for this top.

1 comment:

Debbie Pinnick said...

I got a navy and white gingham shirt dress for Christmas, and I love it. Just may have to make one myself for the summer. Thanks for taking the work out of finding the correct pattern. Love the top too. When I was very young (50 years ago) my mom made me a top which was very similar; styles are repeating.