Tuesday, January 5, 2016

DIY Christmas Stockings

I did a lot of the décor for our wedding which included buying our linens. I sold all of the chair covers and most of the linens after the wedding, but I kept a few of the silver pintuck overlays. I have used them for the last few years as our tree skirt. This year I had the idea to use the fabric to make stockings for us.
 
 
It took me about 6 weeks to finish these because I only had a few minutes here and there to work on them. I finished them just in time on Christmas Eve.
 
I ended up using the pattern my mom used to make our family stockings years ago. I really like the larger size. The inside is red and white stripe fabric. I bought a thicker furry fabric for the top band. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out, but mostly just glad I finished them.
 


 

No comments: