Thursday, May 5, 2016

Mommin' Ain't Easy




For real. Mommin' Ain't Easy. This shirt says it all. Being a mom is more challenging than anything I have ever done. Every day is different and some days more challenging that others. But as everyone says, it's worth it. I recently told a newly married friend without children how having kids is unlike anything she would ever feel (love). And that's true for me. I have never felt the love I feel for Roman before. It's be best feeling ever! I truly love being a mom and have so much appreciation for my own mom and other moms in the world.

I don't think I could put into words how much I appreciate my own mom and I try to tell her often and especially on Mother's day! I usually like to celebrate my mom by giving her all her favorite things, pjs, sweets, flowers, wine, and other little odds and ends that I know she likes. We like most of the same things, so it's usually pretty easy to shop for her.

Here's a mix of my favorite things, that I know both my mom and I would love.

I actually received the Kate Spade initial necklace last year for Mother's day and wear it often. The only thing I asked Dan for this year is the Swell water bottle. He has one and it keeps water so cold. I have used his a few times and want my own now. I have been wanting Chrissy Teigen's cookbook for awhile too. I love these PJ's from Target. And, I have been meaning to blog about it, but I can't get enough of this chap stick. Fresh Sugar tinted lip treatment. I have the Tulip color and I wear it almost every day. It's SPF 15, which is awesome but also has great tinted color. I am not a huge fan of lipstick, so this is a great alternative for me! You can find it at Sephora or Nordstrom.

Happy Mother's day to all the moms out there!

No comments: