Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Festive Favorites

This is the best time of year! The holidays are my absolute favorite and my personal time to shine! I love to host parties, decorate, bake, and shop in general so the holidays really amplify my hobbies. Dan and I host a cocktail party every year and I love planning the menu, décor and what to wear. It's a hard decision every year on the attire as there are SO many good options. I've been leaning towards velvet this year because it's so trendy but I also love a good tartan. I hit the fabric store this past weekend and got some inspiration and ideas for dresses to make too. Sewing a new dress usually puts extra pressure on me, so I don't know if I will go that route. Here are some of my favorite looks.

I love this multi- colored sequins dress from ASOS and think it looks awesome layered with a turtleneck. I also really like the idea of this velvet blazer dress from H&M. Full party skirts are my jam and a couple years ago I searched everywhere for this particular skirt pattern from a runway look I saw, so this pink ASOS skirt is a top contender. I really like the idea of a jumpsuit too and this TopShop velvet star jumpsuit is super cute!

 Some of my favorite mini dresses.
Gold Sequins and burgundy velvet from Abercrombie. Sequins stripes from Gap. Oversized sequins from H&M. Velvet blazer dress from H&M.

More favorites
J.Crew has so many good options right now! I'm obsessed with the satin stripe clutch and I always love everything tartan. Items from above that are J.Crew: Gold sequins earrings, bow earrings, tartan clutch, green velvet ruffle top, red velvet clutch, red velvet ruffle skirt, and tartan flats.

D'Orsay heels and gold clutch are from Old Navy.
Gold faux leather skirt is Nordstrom
Green satin top is Forever 21
Tartan boots are Jeffrey Campbell
Silver embellished booties are Jessica Simpson
Red Bell sleeve dress is Red Dress Boutique
Green Sequins cutout dress is Nordstrom
Red popover dress is Nordstrom

No comments: