Tuesday, May 10, 2011

White Halter Dress

My cousins threw me a Kentucky Derby themed bridal shower this past weekend. I knew I wanted a southern feeling sun dress for the shower. I wanted a halter top with a full skirt. This dress took me a few weeks longer than expected to make.

Funny story... I started making it my normal size and when I got the bodice all together... embarrassingly enough I wasn't filling it out. Have you seen the movie the Proposal? Well, there's a scene where Sandra Bullock tries on a family wedding gown and doesn't fill out the top. This is how I felt! Haha!


So I remade the top 2 sizes smaller. I held it up and said to my mom, "it looks child size!!" To which she just shook her head, as if to say, "yeah, sucks". Ha! 


The dress turned out really nicely and I was really happy with it! 

 

These pictures were taken with my cell phone. I'll post more pictures from the shower, when I get them off the camera. 




1 comment:

Chelsey said...

I didn't realize you made that Rux..so cute! nice job!