Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Fudge Pie

Hey! Did ya'll know that I grew up in the south? My family lived in Tennessee, and Alabama for a short time too, before moving to Indiana in middle school. I promptly stopped saying "ya'll" after being made fun of for my southern accent. Ha! I took a lot from my childhood in the south and still keep up with some friends there as well.

When I graduated college my mom gave me a book with her favorite recipes in it to have for my own kitchen. Many of the recipes she received from friends and family over the years. "Kit's Fudge Pie" is one of my favorites and an easy go-to dessert! Kit was our neighbor in Tennessee and the mom of my childhood friend Kati. We have lots of pictures and memories being very small and living across the street from one another. Every time I make this pie I think about their family.

I make this pie fairly often because it's so good and easy to make. Besides the crust, I always have all the ingredients on hand.




Kit's Fudge Pie
Ingredients:
-pre-made pie shell
-1 stick of butter
-1/4 cup of flour
-1/4 cup of cocoa
-1 tsp. vanilla
-2 eggs
-chopped nuts (optional)

Directions:
Melt butter and mix all ingredients well. Pour into unbaked pie shell. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.

Enjoy! 





No comments: