Thursday, April 17, 2014

Fabric Finds

I forgot to post this last week, but I found the perfect black and white stripe fabric! I seriously have been searching for nice striped fabric for years. All I could ever find was upholstery style fabric or quilting fabric. I found this fabric at JoAnn's last week. It must be a part of their spring line and I know it won't last forever. I scooped up 2 yards and am hoping to making a dress.
 
 
I had been eyeing both of these dresses, so I'm using them as inspiration.
 
 
This is a terrible photo, but I bought this blue leather piece in San Francisco. I also bought this citrus colored fabric. It's stretchy and so soft. I am thinking about making my derby dress out of the green. This picture doesn't do it justice.
 
When I go to fabric stores I take pictures of all the fabrics that speak to me, that way I don't buy it without having a plan to make something. I reference the pics in my phone to see if I can come up with any ideas.

 
Floral knits.
 

Perforated fabrics.
 

No comments: