Monday, September 13, 2010

Welcome to Fall (Cooking)

 I have to admit fresh summer foods are my favorite! But now that the weather is getting cooler I've already broken out my crock pot. I wanted to share 3 easy crock pot recipes I have made recently. 


Mexi- Chicken
2-4 Chicken Breasts (raw)
1 jar of your favorite salsa
1 can of black beans
1 can of mexicorn
Cook on low all day. Serve with rice or in tortillas! 
"Some Like it Hot"
Chuck Roast
Jar of peppercinis      
1 Packet of dry Italian dressing mix                                                 
Cook on low all day. Serve on buns for sandwiches.
German Favorite
(1) 5lb pork picnic roast
Half a jar/can of sauerkraut
salt/pepper to taste
chili powder to taste
Cook pork with a few cups of water all day on low. Add sauerkraut before serving. 
**(Don't be afraid of the sauerkraut). I'm not a fan of it either, but you can't taste it. The recipe calls for a full can, but I only put a half (I'm a little afraid). Seriously, you can't taste it though.

ENJOY!!!! 

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I have a huge jar of pepperoncinis that I need to get used up from a recipe I made earlier this summer, but haven't figured out what to use them for besides pizza. Definitely making the "Some Like it Hot" next week. Can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Talk about easy. You have a 3 ingredient "recipe" there that will happily feed a family at meal time along with a couple of sides.