Friday, January 21, 2011

Coffee Cake

I do 99% of the cooking/baking in our household. Dan does the occasional egg sandwich, grills pork-chops and helps out whenever needed. He does have a few specialities such as pigs in a blanket (a very romantic meal) and coffee cake. 

Dan makes his "famous" coffee cake every few months for his office Friday morning breakfast. And while I have never actually tasted it, I have heard nothing but amazing things about it. Apparently Dan is the breakfast coffee cake king. Or maybe he just tells me this. 

Last night Dan asked me to help make his famous cake and promise to showcase it on the blog. "I'm the master chef and you are the helper, like a sous chef."That's what Dan told me while he re-stirred and re-mixed everything I did. haha :) 

Dan's Coffee Cake

Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
Ingredients
1 Yellow cake mix
1 box of instant vanilla pudding
1 box of instant butterscotch pudding
1 cup+ 1 Tbs oil
4 eggs
1 c water. 
Mix well. 

Topping
1 c brown sugar
1 c crushed nuts, optional
1 Tbs cinnamon
Mix in separate bowl. 

Pour half of batter in greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle with 1/2 of topping. Pour remaining batter and then remaining topping on half to layer. 

Bake 45 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. 




No comments: