Friday, September 21, 2012

Kitchen Cushions

The kitchen in our house needs help. It was previously painted avocado colored green with backsplash, curtains and bench cushions fiesta (ish) themed. My first order of business was to paint the walls and bench. The walls are now blue and bench is white. I'm ignoring the multi-colored backsplash for the time being.

I went back and forth about how to make cushions for the benches. The foam is rather expensive and I thought of every which way to do it cheaper. I ended up just buying the foam when my ideas didn't pan out.

My mom came up one weekend to help me sew the covers. I don't think I could have done it without her. Honestly she did most of the work. Thanks Mom!

My mom working away in my sweat shop. 


We made cording to make the cushions more polished looking. The covers also have zippers so I can take them off and wash them if necessary. 

I am very happy with the way they turned out! And am looking forward to making a few pillows to throw in that corner. 

 Did I mention we have cork floors? We are looking into painting them until we can replace. 
Anyone know anything about painting cork floors? 

Next up: cornice board on the window, chair for the table, and a pendant light. Floor and backsplash will have to wait. But I can't wait to show before and after pictures! 

No comments: