Friday, July 13, 2012

Super Easy Strawberry Poppyseed Salad

I'm calling this a salad but it probably is classified as a coleslaw. Rest assured slaw haters, it is no slaw! I, myself, do not prefer coleslaw (ugh heavy mayo). Anyway, I saw something similar to this on Pinterest and I thought how easy it would be to make.

While you can probably make your own dressing and candy your own pecans, but for times sake what's the point?

I was a little nervous about this concoction, but I ended up liking it so much I wanted more. Surprisingly Dan liked it too! Try it out, I promise it's really good and I'll be making it often!



Super Easy Strawberry Poppy seed Salad
serves 2

2 cups of shredded cabbage (bagged coleslaw works great)
2 handfuls of blueberries
6 large strawberries (sliced)
2 handfuls of glazed pecans (found in baking aisle at grocery)
1Tbsp Poppy seed salad dressing

Directions: toss dressing and coleslaw together in medium bowl. Separate into 2 salad bowls. Add 1 handful of blueberries, 3 sliced strawberries and 1 handful of glazed pecans to each bowl. Serve and enjoy!




No comments: