Monday, March 28, 2011

Chicken Divan

I have pronounced this recipe Chicken "Divine" my whole life and up until last week when I looked up a way to make this recipe spicier that I realized I was wrong. It's not spelled nor pronounced divine. Ha! According to the internet (which is always correct) it's is pronounced "deevAHn". I'm gonna assume this was the southern way to say the dish because I think my whole family called it that. I can just hear us saying chicken DeevIne in our little southern accents.

Oh and I am still on a mission to make it spicy, however this recipe is not.

I'm going to continue to call it divine, since it is pretty good!



Chicken Divine (Divan)
Ingredients:
4 Chicken Breasts -boiled then shred apart.
1 bag of frozen broccoli (steamed)
1 can cream of chicken or mushroom soup
1/3 cup of milk
1/2 tsp curry powder
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1/3 cup mayo (substitute plain yogurt to make healthier)
dry bread crumbs

Mix together all ingredients in a medium bowl. Spread into 8x8" pan and sprinkle with dry bread crumbs. Bake on 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.

Serve over rice.


Sorry I forgot to take a picture of the dish finished. Guess I got hungry.

No comments: