Thursday, March 17, 2011

Roasted Red Potatoes

We eat a lot of minute rice around here (it's so cheap and easy!). But recently I decided to give it a rest and try some other starches. I found a few recipes for Roasted Red Potatoes that I combined and think this recipe is really good!

Roasted Red Potatoes
Serves 2

Ingredients:
1/2 Bag of small new red potatoes scrubbed and dried
1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
5-6 garlic cloves
1 tsbp rosemary
salt and pepper

Directions:
-Cut potatoes into halves or quarters
-line baking sheet with foil (easier cleanup)
-crush or chop garlic
-toss potatoes in garlic, olive oil and rosemary. add salt and pepper to taste.
-spread onto baking sheet and bake on bottom rack of preheated oven 450 degrees for about 20-30 minutes until tender or crispy (whatever you prefer)

Note: I didn't measure the oil and felt like I used too much the first time I did this. You certainly don't have to use as much as the recipe calls for.
            

No comments: